Recognition and Delegate Representative
You will help Girl Scout members in your community unleash their
inner G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader) to take the
lead and change the world. It’s undeniable: without your commitment
to unleash the G.I.R.L. in every girl, we couldn’t and wouldn’t
be the largest girls’ leadership organization in the world. But we are!
This position supports the role of the Community Delegate
and cultivates an atmosphere of appreciation through formal and
informal volunteer recognition within the community.
Term of Appointment
The Recognition & Delegate Rep position is a one-year commitment
and is renewable for up to three terms, for a total of 3 years.
- Community Leadership Team
- Adult Leader Development
- Executive Administrator/Governance Liaison
- Member Services: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Encourage a Culture of Appreciation
- Assist in providing formal and informal opportunities to
recognize the efforts of volunteers throughout the year within your
Community. There are two separate ways to recognize volunteers-
Community Awards and Council Awards.
- If you have
volunteers that will be receiving a Council Award, you should plan
to attend the Recognition of Excellence Celebration in the
- Attend Community Leadership Team meetings and report
on any information relating to adult recognition.
members of your Girl Scout Community about various types of awards
for adults and the nomination process. Encourage participation and
submission of nominations annually.
- Be aware of deadlines
and inform others.
Community Delegate Support
- Encourage Community participation in the Delegate process
through nominating and electing Community Delegates. Work with
the Adult Leader Development Specialist to recruit within your
- Understand the Delegate position description and
Delegate responsibilities in order to support girl and adult
Delegates in their roles.
- Communicate information about
Community Delegates (including names and contact information) to the
Executive Administrator/Governance Liaison
- Ensure the
Delegates complete the Council-sponsored training annually.
- Ensure that Delegates know about their role in and participate
- Community Meetings
- Town Meetings
- Annual Meetings
- Attend Community
Meetings and report on any information relating to Delegates and the
This position will be a good fit for you if:
- You are interested in the governance process of Girl Scouts of
- You enjoy helping others to be successful in their
- You are good at communicating information to
- You like providing creative means of recognizing and
showing appreciation to others for the great things they are
- You like being a part of a team.
Position Agreement Form