Opt Out Program
Girl Scouts of Utah is giving Cadette, Senior and Ambassador troops more reasons to participate in the 2014 Cookie Program.
Troops/groups will be given the option to receive additional Activity Credits (AC) in lieu of girl rewards! (Girls will still receive participation/bar patches as well as any troop/group awards the troop/group qualifies for.) In order to be eligible for the program, troops/groups must meet the following:
- • The members of the troop/group must be Cadettes, Seniors and/or Ambassadors to participate in the program. If troop/group has mixed grade levels, all girls have to be in 6th grade or higher. Mixed grade level troops/groups with girls in grades K-5 are not eligible to participate. The council utilizes Personify (Girl Scouts of Utah’s membership database) to confirm the girls’ grade levels.
- • This is a troop/group program. If troops/groups choose to opt out of girl rewards, all girls in the troop/group are required to opt out.
NOTE: It is the troop/group leader’s responsibility to notify all parents of their decision should the troop chooses to opt out.
Girls in troops/groups that meet the above criteria will receive the following additional Activity Credits*:
- • Each 500+ seller will receive an additional $10
- • Each 800+ seller will receive an additional $15
- • Each 1000+ seller will receive an additional $20
*These totals are not cumulative. Girls selling less than 500 boxes are not affected.
If interested/qualified for the “Opt Out Program,” click the below link and complete/submit the provided form by Monday, February 10, 2014. Enrollment will not be available after this date. Girl Scouts of Utah’s new method for submitting forms is online only.