The Girl Scout Leadership Experience
- How does the National Program work? Check out this simple graphic to help explain how the badges, journeys, and awards all work together! CLICK HERE
- How do you keep your Girl Scout year organized? Check out the Girl Scout Calendar app and start planning your year with your Girls! Share the calendar with parents and have the girls map out their plan! Click Here
- Have you shared the GSUSA For Girls website with your girls? Girls will want to keep up with all the excitement of Girl Scouting by tuning into Girl Scouts for girls, a place just for girls and teens to enjoy Girl Scout games and videos and explore travel, global girls, and fun! Click here for the website
- How are YOU celebrating World Thinking Day this year? Participate with your families, troops, or Community Leadership Teams. Also consider participating in our Global Youth Service Day State-Wide Book Drive in April that will continue to carry the spirit of World Thinking Day for months to come!
- Do you want to learn more about cooking? Check out the I Love to Cook Academy, take a class, eat some dinner, and grow your skills!
- Contact Lia Peterson (email@example.com) with The Lion House and go an adventure through time! This is a great resource for working on your Playing the Past badge.
- The Swaner Preserve and Eco Center has a wealth of resources for you! They offer geocaching programs that will provide exploration of the Preserve, education on the historical wetlands environment, and GPS instruction/practice.
- Have you gone on a tour of the Utah State Capitol lately? If not, you should! There are self-guided tours, guided tours, and much more available to you!
- Did you know that The Apple Store provides free youth programming? Schedule a free fieldtrip today and start exploring technology!
- Are you looking for something fun to do at a Troop Meeting that will provide Community Service? Check out Capes for Kids - they're doing such amazing things for children in shelters; get involved today!
- Are your girls interested in nature and animals? Consider scheduling a class with Jim Dix (801-860-2497) with Reptile Rescue Service and girls will have the opportunity to learn about and see all sorts of reptiles!
- Are you looking for a service project to do with your troop? Do you want to do something with animals? Check out the Operation Happy Sock, and make a difference at an animal shelter!
- Are your girls itching to go swimming this summer? SafeSplash Utah is offering Girl Scout Swimming Nights on Tuesdays at 7 pm in Sugarhouse and Thursdays at 7 pm in Sandy. Cost is $15 per girl and reservations must be made two full business days in advance. During the one hour program, girls will learn basic swim skills and by the end of the session, they can pass a basic swim test. Throughout the class they learn the importance of swimming and physical fitness. Call 801-462-1695 for more information!
- Park City Musuem would like to have Girl Scouts visit their amazing exhibits! The museum is free to Girl Scouts if they are in uniform. Call 435-649-7457 with questions.
- Primary Children's Hospital and Riverton Hospital run a "Be a Super Sitter" class on Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Interested in attending? Go to www.primarychildrens.org/supersitter or call Debbie Bemel at 801-662-3505.
Pen Pals, SWAPS, and More!
- International Thinking Day Postcard Exchange is a great website to connect with fello Girl Scouts and Girl Guides!
- Do you know of a great resource to connect Girl Scouts to Pen Pal or SWAPs programs? Email the Program Team and we will share the information.
Discount Opportunities for Girl Scouts
- The Wasatch Gem Show is offering FREE admission into the show for all Girl Scouts who show up in uniform. Check them out at www.wasatchgemsociety.com
Do you have an idea or resource you know other troop leaders and/or parents would love? Share them with us and we will pass them along.