Become a Volunteer Trainer
To better serve more than 8,000 girls and 3,000 adults, experienced and dedicated volunteers are needed to become Girl Scout Council Trainers.
Who can be a Trainer?
Anyone! Trainers may be volunteers who have served the council in other ways such as leaders, Community Leadership Team members, first aiders or group/troop members.â€¨Girl Scouts of Utah Trainers are able to facilitate any of the adult or older girl trainings.â€¨ Must be 18 years of age and a currently registered adult member of Girl Scouts of USA and have passed a criminal background check (CBC) generated by GSU.
Apply to be a Trainer:
- Read the Volunteer Trainer Position Description. Download Here
- Submit a Volunteer Trainer Interest letter. Download Here
- Submit three reference letters. Download Here
Once the Training and Development Coordinator has received the interest letter and the three reference letters, they will contact the candidate for an interview. Based on the needs for the council , and the candidate’s fit as a trainer, the volunteer will be invited to:
- Attend a Train-the-Trainer class. Candidates will be notified of dates and times.
Go through the “Apprentice” progression.
- Sit-in on two trainings
- Co-train two trainings
- Facilitate two trainings with an experienced trainer
For more information e-mail the Training and Development Coordinator at email@example.com.