- Adult Recognition Short and Snappy
- Bandana Bonanza Short and Snappy
- Be Inspiring Short and Snappy
- Bling your Cookie Booth Short and Snappy
- Camping Tips Short and Snappy
- Camping? Yes Please! Short and Snappy
- Ceremonies Short and Snappy
- Characteristics of Girls at Different Ages Short and Snappy
- CLTs Function as a Team Short and Snappy
- Conflict Resolution Short and Snappy
- Creating Troop and Parent Agreements Short and Snappy
- Effective Communication Short and Snappy
- Effective Leadership – Personal Mission Statement Short and Snappy
- Finding the Balance Short and Snappy
- Girl Led Progression Short and Snappy
- Girl Scout Grace Short and Snappy
- Guiding Older Girls in Leadership Short and Snappy
- Improving Leadership Skills Short and Snappy
- Inclusion, Diversity, and Pluralism Part 1 Short and Snappy
- Inclusion, Diversity, and Pluralism Part 2 Short and Snappy
- Instill Confidence in Girls Short and Snappy
- Intro to Leave No Trace Short and Snappy
- Investitures and Rededications Short and Snappy
- Involving Parents Short and Snappy
- Journeys Short and Snappy
- Juliette Gordon Low Short and Snappy
- Kaper Charts Short and Snappy
- Kick Off Your Year Short and Snappy
- Knowing Your Resources Short and Snappy
- Money Earning Projects Short and Snappy
- My Promise, My Faith Award Short and Snappy
- Scouts’ Own Short and Snappy
- Sit-Upons Short and Snappy
- Sleep-In Short and Snappy
- Songs and Games Short and Snappy
- SWAPS Short and Snappy
- Take Action Short and Snappy
- Teaching Songs Short and Snappy
- Team Building and Communication Short and Snappy
- The Path to Leadership Awards Short and Snappy
- Think on Your Feet Short and Snappy
- Traveling with Girls Short and Snappy
- Using Social Media Short and Snappy
- Valuing Differences Short and Snappy
- Volunteer Essentials and Safety Activity Checkpoints Short and Snappy
- What Every Girl Should Know Short and Snappy
- When the Going Gets Tough Short and Snappy
- Working with Multi-Level Troops Short and Snappy
- World Thinking Day Short and Snappy
- Your Girl Scout Story Short and Snappy
Online Support for Volunteers
- Building a Better Utah: September 15, 2018
October Council Community Meetings:
Tuesday, October 2 - American Fork
Wednesday, October 3 - Salt Lake City (with webinar)
Thursday, October 4 – Ogden
- Recognition of Excellence: Saturday, November 3
- Community Council Webinar: Wednesday, January 9
Town Hall Meetings
Tuesday, February 5 – American Fork
Tuesday, February 6 – Salt Lake City (with webinar)
Tuesday, February 7 – Ogden
May Council Community Meetings:
Tuesday, May 7 – American Fork
Wednesday, May 8 – Salt Lake City (with webinar)
Thursday, May 9 - Ogden
Council Community & Town Hall Meeting Presentations
Please feel free to share any and all of this information with your troops and communities.
- February 2018 Council Community and Town
Complete Webinar Recording (audio and video)
- February 2018 Council Community
Highlights for Sharing with Volunteers (PDF)
- February 2018 Town Hall Meeting
Highlights for Sharing with Volunteers & Delegates (PDF)
- February 2018 Council
Community and Town Meeting Presentation
Full Presentation (PDF)
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Girl Scouts of Utah is committed to providing quality training and education for our volunteers to assist them in building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
We offer both classroom and online training. Please click on the sub-tabs to the left to find out more about the training and learning opportunities for volunteers.
If you would like to register for a classroom training, please log on to the MYGS tab, click on ACTIVITIES, and scroll or search to find and register for the training of your choice.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about training.
New Troop Leader Training–Online
Troop Leader Trainings
Older Girls and Volunteer Toolkit
Planning Trips with Girl Scouts
Renewal for Planning Extended Overnight and National Trips
Take Action and Higher Awards
Girl Scouting 101
Troop Leader Resources & Forms
Troop Leader Manual
2017-18 Volunteer Essentials Guide
Safety Activity Checkpoints
Survey - Invite Girls to Troop/Update Troop Information
Troop Bank Account Form
Parent Interest Survey
Parent Meeting Powerpoint
Additional Online Training Resources
Out! An Interactive Outdoor Resource
Outdoors and Camping Training
Song Leading Mini-Workshop (Daisies or Brownies)
How to Have Fun with Purpose with Girls
History of Girl Scouts
Community Leadership Teams
Recognition & Delegate Representative
Outdoor Program Representative
Higher Awards Representative
Short and Snappy Training