Online Support for Volunteers
- Recognition of Excellence: Saturday, November 3
- Community Council Webinar: Wednesday, January 9
Town Hall Meetings
Tuesday, February 5 – American Fork
Tuesday, February 6 – Salt Lake City (with webinar)
Tuesday, February 7 – Ogden
May Council Community Meetings:
Tuesday, May 7 – American Fork
Wednesday, May 8 – Salt Lake City (with webinar)
Thursday, May 9 - Ogden
The Volunteer Toolkit is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient.
Through the Volunteer Toolkit, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year.
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update girls' contact information.
- View Daisy through Ambassador Journeys and badges (to plan for troop meetings), including prepopulated tracks for younger and older Multi-Level troop groups (K–5 and 6–12).
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of materials needed and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources both national and local council resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the Volunteer Toolkit to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.
Girl Scouts of Utah is committed to providing quality training and education for our volunteers to assist them in building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
We offer both classroom and online training. Please click on the sub-tabs to the left to find out more about the training and learning opportunities for volunteers.
If you would like to register for a classroom training, please log on to the MYGS tab, click on ACTIVITIES, and scroll or search to find and register for the training of your choice.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about training.
New Troop Leader Training–Online
Troop Leader Trainings
Older Girls and Volunteer Toolkit
Planning Trips with Girl Scouts
Renewal for Planning Extended Overnight and National Trips
Take Action and Higher Awards
Girl Scouting 101
Troop Leader Resources & Forms
Troop Leader Manual
2017-18 Volunteer Essentials Guide
Safety Activity Checkpoints
Survey - Disbanding Troops
Survey - Invite Girls to Troop/Update Troop Information
Troop Bank Account Form
Parent Interest Survey
Parent Meeting Powerpoint