Travel the World!
In Girl Scouting, travel is about fun, exploration, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences that allow you—the girl—to learn to appreciate other cultures, new places, and the outdoors. Through all of this, you learn about yourself and you become a leader as you plan, budget, earn money, prepare, and participate in regional, national, and international trips.
If you are interested in traveling, start talking to your troop leader and fellow Girl Scouts. There are so many opportunities out there waiting for you! You can travel with your troop throughout Utah, the United States, and even internationally, or you can travel individually on a Girl Scout destination. Visit Girl Scouts of the USA’s website for travel tips, guides, and opportunities.
Girl Scouts of Utah offers training for your troop to attend to get you prepared for traveling. Talk to your troop leader to sign up for a Planning Extended Overnight and National Trips Training to learn everything you’ll need to know!
There are also several travel opportunities available through GSUSA for Juliettes and troops alike. Here's just a brief look!
- Visit the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace - Savannah, Georgia!
- See the world via the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) World Centers! Located in Mexico, Switzerland, England, and India, girls can travel here and adults can volunteer here while exploring the world.
Travel Overview for Girl Scouts of Utah - COMING SOON
Safety Activity Checkpoints
International Intent to Travel Application
Frequently Asked Questions - COMING SOON
Girl Scout destinations
Do you want to travel to exotic places and experience new things in far-away countries? Girl Scout destinations can whisk you to the far corners of the world. Meet remarkable girls, develop leadership skills, gain confidence, and enjoy valuable learning opportunities. You’ll even find financial help through Activities Credits (via the Cookie Program) or take advantage of GSU scholarships. destinations are an amazing, onve-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel the world. These travel experiences are for Cadettes through Ambassadors. The trip will fall into one of five different categories: international, outdoors, STEM, people, or domestic, and the trip will trange form different locations trhought the United States through every corner of the world.
Girls must submit an application to go on a Girl Scout destination. See the following application dates for the 2014 membership year:
- November 15th, 2013: "Early" applications due to Girl Scouts of Utah
- December 3rd, 2013: "Early" applications are received by Event Sponsors
- January 16th, 2014: "Early" applicants are notified of their status
- January 31st, 2014: "Late" application deadline due to Girl Scouts of Utah
- February 1st, 2014: "Early" applicants deposit due
- February 18th, 2014: "Late" applications are received by Event Sponsors
- March 4th, 2014: "Late" applicants are notified of their status
- March 18th, 2014: "Late" applicants deposit due
For a more detailed timeline, see the Girl Scouts of Utah destination timeline.
*Note: Girls may apply to up to 4 destinations each year--each one needs a separate application form. Girl Scouts of Utah will financially assist with up to 1/4th the cost of one trip per girl.
Visit Girl Scouts of the USA's website for further information about destinations and to apply to travel the world!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.