User Group Type: We rent camp facilities to church groups, nonprofits, schools, universities, and production groups. Rentals for weddings and family reunions are not available.
Certificate of Insurance: User groups must provide a certificate of liability insurance for all participants, naming Girl Scouts of Utah as the additional insured. A one-million-dollar minimum coverage is required.
The insurance certificate is due to Girl Scouts 30 days from start of rental; the rental will be canceled if this is not received by this time.
First Aid/CPR: User groups need to provide their own first aid supplies and a qualified adult to provide basic health supervision. A qualified adult is at least 21 years of age and possesses at least a certificate of training in principles of first aid and CPR. The first aid and CPR must be age appropriate for the individuals participating. A copy of their certification is due to Girl Scouts 30 days from start of rental.
Food Handler’s Permit: Girl Scouts of Utah does not provide food service. If the user group is preparing its own food, a Food Service Supervisor with a food handler’s permit must supervise all food preparation. A copy of the permit is due to Girl Scouts 30 days from start of rental.
Programming Opportunities: Girl Scouts of Utah does not provide programming to user groups.
Program Supplies: Outside of these program opportunities listed above, user groups must provide their own programming. User groups must also provide their own program equipment; Girl Scouts of Utah does not provide any program equipment (e.g., balls, art supplies, yard games, etc.).
Facility Supplies: Girl Scouts of Utah shall provide beds, mattresses, kitchen utensils, dishes, toilet tissue, paper towels, garbage can liners, cleaning supplies, dishwashing detergents, kitchen gloves, and other equipment necessary for the operation of the facility. This does not include one-time use items used during mealtimes (e.g., paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, etc.).
Program Area Restrictions: The following areas are restricted to all users unless prior arrangements are made and are included in the contract:
- Cloud Rim - lake, boat dock, boat house, rock climbing wall
- Trefoil Ranch - stables, ropes course, archery range, stream
Cleaning of Facilities: User groups are responsible for cleaning all facilities rented. Girl Scouts of Utah will provide a detailed cleaning list (found in the User Group Manual) and cleaning supplies. If the facilities are not left clean, a portion of the security and cleaning deposit will not be refunded.
- Alcohol, drugs, weapons of any kind, and personal sports equipment are not allowed.
- Persons with a concealed weapons permit may not possess a concealed weapon on Girl Scout property.
- Camp properties are smoke-free facilities; smoking is permitted in personal vehicles and outside the property gates.
- Girl Scouts prohibits hunting, fireworks, firearms, ammunition, explosives, gasoline, flammables, or poisonous substances.
- Girl Scouts of Utah does not supply table linens, towels for individuals, bedding for individuals, program supplies, and so forth. The user group must provide these items.
- Family pets are not allowed on camp property.