Everyone can use a little guidance, whether you’re a brand-new volunteer or a seasoned veteran. The resources on this page will help you along the way in your volunteer journey. Whether you’re looking for guidance on managing troop finances or need help planning your first year of meetings, you’ll find everything you need.
Check out the resources provided by your local council.
Many of your must-have tools, like gsLearn and the Volunteer Toolkit, are accessible when you log in to MyGS —always accessible via the icon on the upper right corner of our website.
The Volunteer Toolkit is a customizable planning tool where you can find suggested meeting plans for most badges, access activity guides and badge requirements, track your Girl Scouts’ achievements, and so much more. It’s the digital planning assistant that will help you power a fun-filled—and organized—Girl Scout year.
You’ll find the Volunteer Toolkit via the left menu bar of MyGS in My Account. It’s accessible on any desktop, tablet, or mobile device.
gsLearn is full of essential volunteer trainings and courses, like how to lead activities the Girl Scout way, safety procedures, and advice for guiding Girl Scouts at every grade level.
You’ll find gsLearn via the left menu bar of MyGS in My Account. It’s accessible on any desktop, tablet, or mobile device, and it will be populated with any trainings you should view.
Volunteers must first complete the room reservation request form. Girl Scouts of Utah's Customer Care team will follow up with the volunteer regarding the status of the request.
Volunteers are responsible for contacting GSU via email@example.com if anything changes with their initial request and to learn how to access the rooms during non-business hours (if applicable).
Note: Girl Scouts of Utah reserves the right to to cancel a room reservation if the room is needed for business operations. In the event a room reservation is canceled, volunteers will be provided alternative options, if possible.
Adults reserving the meeting rooms are responsible for:
General Guidelines for Room Use
– Only currently registered Girl Scout members are permitted to use the facility.
– Please do not use: red/orange liquid or other substances that may stain the carpet, tape or tacks on walls or tables, open flames, tie dye in sinks or on kitchen counters, glitter, and any other item that may cause damage to the facility.
– Use newspaper or plastic on tables and floor when using paint, glue, etc. Do not sit or sleep on tables. Return tables and chairs to their original position when you are done with the room.
– Groups are responsible for providing their own paper supplies (napkins, plates, cups, etc.), first aid kits, and program supplies.
– Kitchen utensils may be used but must be washed and put away after use. Sinks, range, and counters must be cleaned after use. Do not leave any food in the fridge; take everything with you after the meeting.
– If using mattresses for overnight use in the CRC (Salt Lake City), please return to the closet and stack them neatly.
– All groups using a room are required to abide by all rules and complete the cleaning checklist before leaving. The person making the reservation accepts the responsibility for the meeting room during the group's use.
CRC – Salt Lake City
– Training room, 44 people max.
– Juliette Gordon Low room, 145 people max.
Both rooms can be reserved for overnight use; kicthen and bathroom access included.
CUSC – American Fork
– Upstairs room, 22 people max.
– Downstairs room, 20 people max.
– Outdoor yard space, 308 people max.
The outdoor space at CUSC can be used for overnights. Groups cannot stay inside the CUSC overnight due to city ordinances; however, bathrooms and kitchenette are available to overnight groups.
Bathrooms are available upstairs and downstairs; kitchenette is available downstairs only. Groups using the outdoor space will have access to the bathrooms.
NUSC – Ogden
– Meeting room, 46 people max.
The NUSC will be limited to one group at a time. NUSC is NOT available for overnight use. Bathrooms are available, but there is no kitchenette.
To learn more about using Camp Cloud Rim or Trefoil Ranch for a service unit or troop meeting, visit our camp properties page.
Get the Girl Scout discount at any FedEx Office & Print location in Utah! FedEx associates have asked that you visit their website before calling or visiting so you know what you would like to order. Make sure to tell them you are with Girl Scouts of Utah when placing your order. If asked for the account number, please use 0927920255. If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* This discount may be used only for Girl Scout-related printed materials, not for personal use.
Check out Forms and Documents for local most-used resources.
Help your Girl Scout cookie entrepreneurs shine with these volunteer resources.LEARN MORE