45 minute training about the history and vision of Girl Scouts of the USA.
New Troop Leader Training
This course is required, and will tell you everything you need to know to be a successful Troop Leader!
- Sign up for a live, virtual course. These courses are offered multiple times throughout the year. Check out the Activities tab to find the next virtual New Troop Leader Training. Click the course title to go to the registration page.
- Take the course in gsLearn. New Troop Leader Training is also available as a gsLearn course for new leaders to complete at a time that works for them.
Complete the following courses in gsLearn:
- Child Protection – Required annually for all volunteers, this training focuses on the signs of child abuse, how to report it, and expectations of troop leaders.
- Dollars and Sense – This training is for troop leaders to learn how to establish a bank account, the facts about fundraising, and how to complete & submit your annual Troop Finance Report.
- Hosting Girl Scout Meetings in the Home – This training covers all the requirements for hosting a troop meeting or activity in your home or yard, along with meeting outside your usual meeting space. This is a required training and needs to be completed every three years.